11 September 2011
Unpleasant Facts in the Middle East
In this Post-Oslo era, the delusions and denials of the "Oslo peace process" are being acknowledged. Those returning to Earth from Fantasyland in the "Oslo" parallel universe must bear in mind some unpleasant facts of life in the Middle East.
1. The Arabs have never come to terms with Israel's existence within ANY set of borders whatsoever and are still seeking the destruction of Israel and its population.
2. ANY Palestinian state, regardless of who rules it, will produce escalated violence, terror and warfare in the Middle East, not stability or peaceful relations. It will seek warfare with Israel, not solutions to the economic and social problems of its citizens.
3. The only reason Arafat and the PLO ever wanted control of the West Bank and Gaza was to use them as bases for attacks on Israel. It's the only real use to which they will be put by any future Palestinian state.
4. There is no stopping the bloodshed and war in the Middle East other than by Israel adopting a clear policy of R&D (Re-Occupation and Denazification) of the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Any other proposal for stabilization and pacification is delusional.
5. Denazification of the West Bank and Gaza Strip must be based partly on Denazification imposed on Germany and Japan after WWII. Additionally, such Denazification will have to stay in place for decades. No other way exists for Israel to prevent the daily massacre of its civilians by the Palestinian terrorists.
6. Most Palestinians have lived outside Israeli "occupation" for years, and their "liberation" from Israeli "occupation" only produced Nazification, terrorism, mass murders, and radicalization. Their pacification requires re-imposing of martial rule by Israel.
7. The instability of the Middle East is not caused by Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands but by PLO-Hamas occupation of Israeli lands.
8. There was never in history an Arab Palestinian state.
9. The Palestinians have no legitimate claim to the right to set up their own state. It is doubtful whether they ever did have such a right, but even if they did - they forfeited it thanks to decades of terrorism, savagery, mass murders and barbarism. Like the Sudeten
10. Palestinians are Arabs and Arabs have 22 states. There is no reason why they should be entitled to a 23rd, and the creation of such a 23rd state in the West Bank and Gaza will escalate Middle East violence and world terrorism.
11. The Palestinians are not and never were a "nation". They are not even a tribe. They are a branch of Arabs with minor secondary cultural differences that distinguish them from Syrians, Lebanese or Jordanians.
12. The Middle East conflict cannot be resolved through endless exhibitions of niceness and restraint by Israel. Niceness, restraint, and goodwill gestures are interpreted by the Arab world as weakness and as signs that the Jews are on the run.
13. The Palestinians are not "mistreated" by Israel, but ARE poorly treated by the PLO and Hamas.
14. The only Arabs in the Middle East with any semblance of civil rights are those who live under Israeli rule.
15. Israeli Arabs are the best-treated minority in the Middle East and treated far better than are Arabs living in Arab states. If the intifada "uprising" were in fact due to oppression and mistreatment of Arabs by a government, then Israel should be the only
country in the Middle East that does NOT have an intifada.
16. Oslo has radicalized and Nazified most Israeli Arabs, who now side with Arab parties and politicians who call openly for violence against Jews and the destruction of Israel.
17. No concessions by Israel would result in the Arab states coming to terms with Israel's existence.
18. There are no Arab democracies or any support for democracy among significant minorities within the Arab world.
19. Israeli assassination of Palestinian terrorists is in fact a substitute for retaliation in kind against the Palestinians for bombings of Israeli children and other civilians. The alternative to such assassinations is bombings of Palestinian civilians.
20. Israeli settlements are the "mine canaries" of the Arab world. There is no reason why Jewish civilians should not be free to live in peace within Arab countries truly seeking peace with Israel, just as Arabs live at peace within Israel and within the United States. The attitude of the Arab world in general and of the PLO in particular towards such "settlements" is indicative of their attitudes towards Israel and Jews in general. If the Palestinians are NOT seeking peace with the Jews, and they are not, then the real problem is that Israel has built too few settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
21. Today it is the purpose of Israeli settlements to prevent replication of Gaza in the West Bank. To do so, Israel needs to build MORE settlements!
22. Israel is the only country in the Middle East that does NOT deal with Islamist terror through wholesale massacres of the people in whose midst the terrorists operate.
23. There is an inverse relationship between the material comfort of Arabs living under Israeli rule and political moderation. The better off they are materially, the more violent and radical they are. More generally, Arab radicalism and terror are positively correlated with comfort and education and wealth. Bin Laden and his people were filthy rich. There have been no undernourished Palestinian suicide bombers.
24. Palestinians almost universally endorse terrorism and violence against Jews.
25. Israeli Arabs endorse terror and violence against Jews by large majorities. They also support al-Qaeda.
26. There are no visible Palestinian public figures who oppose violence, terror and Islamist fascism.
27. There is not and never has been a Palestinian "peace movement".
28. The PLO is itself very much a manifestation of Islamist fascism and was founded by Islamist fundamentalists.
29. Peace cannot be achieved through pretending that war does not exist.
30. The Israeli Left is responsible for the bloodshed in Israel. The Israeli Left rescued the PLO from oblivion in the early 1990s, armed it, and allowed it to become entrenched in the suburbs of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. The Israeli Left is as wacky as is the pro-Taliban campus Left in the United States.
31. The only peaceful terrorist is a dead terrorist.
32. Israel cannot restore the credibility of its military prowess through "signaling," but rather only through using that prowess and putting its military might to actual use.
at 10:18 PM